January 9, 2012

First quilts of 2012...DONE!

Well, although I didn't actually do the "quilting" of these quilts, I am pretty stoked to feature my first quilts of the year.  I was not quite confident to quilt on my own just yet, and this particular quilt is going to someone really special, so I wanted to be sure it was done right, so I placed my trust in the wonderful ladies at Cornerstone Quilt Shoppe to use their long arms to quilt my creation.  In fact, they took care of three of my quilts during the Christmas rush, so I am quite thankful that they rushed to complete this one, because I wanted it to be ready in time for my new niece to be born.  My sister-in-law, Marianne, didn't know that when I originally posted the quilt top on Facebook, I was really looking for her approval of the quilt design I chose to make her pending daughter.  She ended up loving it (thank goodness) and I am thrilled to announce that she will be the recipient of this lovingly made quilt.  I am hoping that my niece, Caroline, will come home from the hospital in it.  Well, without further ado.....Caroline's butterflies:



Check out the beautiful quilting job done by the ladies at Cornerstone.  Its so cute and whimsical.



Totally digging my new labels for my quilts!


As is my usual style, I did piece multiples of this quilt top, so I will be attempting a quilting job on my own soon.  In fact, I trooped out to Sacramento this morning to buy a foot for my machine for the occasion.  So I will have a few quilts to donate soon.  Many many thanks for the binding tutorial from Jeni at In Color Order.  If you have ever struggled with doing binding, it is a great method and I really enjoyed the process much more than doing binding in the past.  Easier and faster!

I am looking forward to showing you the rest of the quilts, but I have yet to do the binding.  Maybe later today.....Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Omg carrie!!!! It is beautiful!!!!!!! THANK YOU! Caroline will treasure it always!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very touched by this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete