January 10, 2012

Another one...DONE!

So this quilt I finished today was a pattern by Liz Schwartz called "Quilter's Puzzle."  It was fun and easy to put together. And, it used a lot of fabric.  I will need to make another one of these for sure....good way to use up some of mom's fabric.  I had a rough time with the back, but in the end it came out just fine.  I am thrilled with the quilting job that the ladies at Cornerstone Quilt Shoppe did, as they mimic puzzle pieces.

A Quilter's Puzzle (top)

Check out the beautiful quilting job by Cornerstone


Quilt back
I am excited that this will be the first quilt I am donating to Project Linus.  There is a gal in Davis that collects blankets for PL and helps distribute them locally to kids in need.  I think this particular quilt is perfect for donation because it could be for a girl or boy of any age.  Too often I see the quilts up for donation and many of them are geared towards infants or toddlers.  I really wanted to focus on making quilts for the older kids because I think that they are too often forgotten.  So, I am excited about this unisex design that could work for any age.  I definitely will make another one of these.

I have one more quilt ready to bind.  I will hopefully finish that up this week amidst jam making and experimenting with new dinner recipes.  Gotta figure out what I want to plant in the garden next as we are currently harvesting our little crop of cauliflower, broccoli, beets, and onions.  Any suggestions?

Happy Crafting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! You are a very good writer. It is interesting and flows. I am enjoying your quilts and wish I lived closer so I could quilt with you. Of course, I would have to go to the 18 week class first. :)) You are very talented and I envy you having mastered so many interesting crafts.

    ReplyDelete