December 29, 2011

I need a vacation...

Well...been a long week of pets going to the vet, trip back and forth to Texas for the holiday, my dog getting into a plastic candy cane filled with Hershey's Kisses....OMG!  All I wanted to do today was come home, get into some comfy pants and work on piecing my quilt I started two weeks ago.  I had great intentions.  I got out the sewing machine, set myself up, managed to piece two blocks, and then just plopped onto the couch.  I want to get up and try again, but I am exhausted.  Ever since I started this blog, I have been working out fabric combinations for the quilts I want to work on....currently I have about 5 in my head.  I just don't have the energy.  I wish I had the ability to take a week or so off work and just lounge around in comfy clothes, eat junk food, watch some dumb tv, and quilt all day long, but taking time off work is not in the cards right now.  Ugh.  And, I promised the hubby that I would start to clean out the closet to organize the fabric stash. ...but no energy to be had.  Gonna pour me a glass of wine and hope for a better day tomorrow filled with creative energy and motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment