March 23, 2014

Welcome Spring!!!!!


Hey Fellow crafters!

Been super busy wrapping up the bathroom remodel.  I just have the shower to finish.  Getting the contractor out to measure has been a bit of a challenge, but otherwise, the bathroom has turned out really well.  I feel like my guests will imagine they are on vacation while staying in our guestroom and using this fresh, new bathroom.  I know it is rather small, but I think it turned out really well.  I love the warm greens and beige in the tile...i know this goes against my conventionally bright colors, but I wanted a couple of serene rooms in the house.  And, this is definitely one of those relaxing type rooms. For amateurs, I feel like dad and I did a great tile job and I chose the right fixtures, tile, and vanity to bring the room together.  Check it out....





I have been enjoying making the aprons.  Not only do they eat up a lot of fabric, they are cute and are giving me a chance to practice following sewing instructions and practice sewing curves.  One of the gals at work saw some of my posts of aprons online and requested that I make one of my aprons for a little girl....her little granddaughter.  This was intriguing because I wanted to practice more with making clothes, and this is a great way to make small people clothes really quick.  I whipped together this cute apron pattern I purchased off the Sew Sweet Patterns website.  Thankfully, she posted the adorable little girl, proudly wearing her apron on Facebook!  Adorbs!  I love that she was so worried about making it dirty....





Of course, after I was tagged in that photo, a few more of the ladies at work approached me to make child aprons for their little ones in their lives.  Below are photos of those cute little ones plus some other aprons in action that I have made over the past year.  And to make it more fun, many of them wanted matching adult/child aprons.  This has been wonderful to eat up the fabric stash as well as be creative with pairing some fabrics with some of mom's.  It is fun making them and I plan on making a few more soon....I have many little ones in my life that need a cute apron to wear...especially when they're helping Auntie Carrie in the kitchen!



Speaking of which, I have really been enjoying some pastry assignments as of late. I have been busy making cheesecakes, poached pear tarts, cupcakes, cookies....basically been getting back to my roots as a pastry person.  All have been met with smiles and appreciation as I have made assorted desserts for a wedding, a baseball league auction, an engagement party, a shower, and the firehouse.  I conducted a very scientific experiment with the fire guys to find the best chocolate cake recipe...all prep for a wedding cake I have later this summer....I think I found it too!  Delicious and moist.....yummy.  Below are some picts of the recent goods.







I am busy getting ready for the slew of babies that are coming this spring/summer....lots of quilts and dresses to make.  I am so grateful to all those folks out there that purchase my homemade goods and give them to loved ones.  Thanks and keep requesting.  I love keeping busy.


Off to sew...and make more jam!
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. A joyful start to spring...you are so talented! -Naomi

    ReplyDelete