May 28, 2016

Oh My! Chicken Pot Pie!

I get the strangest cravings since going gluten free.  The latest was chicken pot pie.  I can vividly remember the chicken pot pies mom would heat up for me on the nights I was at the gym late from gymnastics workout so that I could eat and do homework at the same time.  I have been craving that flaky buttery crust something fierce as of late.  So I decided to give it a whirl.  I picked up my America's Test Kitchen cookbook "How can it be Gluten Free?"  I had a lot of success with their flour  blend making buttery dinner rolls in the past, so I thought I would try the pie dough.  It was certainly easy to work with and simple to make.  I wanted to share it with my GF community because it is definitely a keeper.

I have used it twice now for Chicken Pot Pie and also an asparagus/sundried tomato quiche I concocted the other day.  Very yummy.  Give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment